Sesame Pound Cake
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted and divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Combine milk, vanilla extract and lemon peel; set aside.
- Reserving 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, combine remaining sesame seeds with flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture; mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured* 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved sesame seeds.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with fruit if desired.
* For best results, use our Pan Release!