Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer about 2 minutes or until soft
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream,
beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix at lowest speed just until blended
after each addition.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely
on a wire rack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.