Walnut Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Do NOT preheat oven. Lightly grease and flour* a tube pan.
- Cream butter and shortening, then add sugar, a half-cup at a time, and beat until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract to milk.
- Add 2 cups flour to creamed mixture, alternating with milk/vanilla extract.
- Add salt and baking powder to last cup of flour, then add to mixture. Blend well.
- Stir in walnuts. Batter should be thick and fluffy. Spoon into tube pan and spread evenly.
- Place in cold oven on middle shelf; turn oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 1 hour, 15 minutes (do not open oven during cooking).
- Allow to cool in pan on wire rack.
* For best results, use our Pan Release!