White Chocolate Pound Cake
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter (NO SUBSTITUTE), softened
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter (NO SUBSTITUTE)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour* a 10 inch fluted tube pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine evaporated milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with chocolate mixture. Beat just until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely, then ice.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat until blended and smooth, stirring often. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and enough milk to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle over cake.
* For best results, use our Pan Release!