Strawberry Ribbon Cake
Cream Cheese Ribbon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Combine all ribbon ingredients and beat until smooth, set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and strawberry preserves.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture
alternately with buttermilk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Fold in
beaten egg whites.
- Pour about half of the batter into pan.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over
batter and carefully spread with back of spoon. Cream cheese mixture does not
have to cover the batter completely.
- Pour remaining batter over cream cheese ribbon. Spread to cover.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until cake springs back when lightly touched in
- Cool completely in pan before frosting.
- While cake bakes, make the frosting. Combine cream cheese, butter, and preserves
in large bowl. Beat until well mixed.
- Add confectioners' sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spread on top of cooled cake.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes