Vegetable Garden Cake
- 3 eggs, beaten until fluffy
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups tightly packed shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup tightly packed shredded carrots
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 10 marzipan carrots
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cake: Combine eggs, oil, and sugar; mix well. Stir in zucchini and carrots. Add
remaining ingredients; stir until well moistened.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Cool slightly before removing from pans. Freeze 1 cake layer for use at
- Milk Glaze: Mix sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Cover top of cake generously with glaze. Place small amount of glaze on
teaspoon; drizzle glaze in scalloped design around edges.
- Dust top of cake with powdered sugar.
- Arrange marzipan carrots around outer edge of cake.
Yield: 10 servings
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 7/6/02 6:39:39 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes