Pepsi Cola Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 cup Pepsi Cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Combine flour and sugar in large bowl.
- Melt butter. Add cocoa and Pepsi Cola. Pour over flour and sugar mixture, and
stir until well blended.
- Add buttermilk, beaten eggs, baking soda and vanilla extract. Mix well. Stir
in marshmallows. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and frost while still warm.
- Frosting: Cream butter, sugar and peanut butter. Add milk and stir well. Add
nuts. Spread over warm cake. Place frosted cake under broiler about 4 inches from
heat source. Broil just a few seconds or until the frosting starts to bubble. DO
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.