Pepsi Cola Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 cup Pepsi Cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Combine flour and sugar in large bowl.
- Melt butter. Add cocoa and Pepsi Cola. Pour over flour and sugar mixture, and
stir until well blended.
- Add buttermilk, beaten eggs, baking soda and vanilla extract. Mix well. Stir
in marshmallows. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and frost while still warm.
- Frosting: Cream butter, sugar and peanut butter. Add milk and stir well. Add
nuts. Spread over warm cake. Place frosted cake under broiler about 4 inches from
heat source. Broil just a few seconds or until the frosting starts to bubble. DO
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.