Root Beer Cake
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup root beer
Root Beer Frosting
- 1 package Pillsbury vanilla frosting mix
- 1 cup cold root beer
- Cake: Combine all ingredients in a large mixer bowl. Blend at low speed, then
beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12 x 8-inch
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool, frost and store in the refrigerator.
- Root Beer Frosting: Combine frosting mix and root beer in mixer bowl; blend well.
Beat until thick and fluffy (4 to 5 minutes).