- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot or cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 5 eggs (2 separated)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- Grated rind of 1 lemon, or 1 teaspoon prepared lemon peel
- 2 packages frozen raspberries, thawed and well drained
- Chantilly Cream, made with 1 cup heavy cream, stiffly whipped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups sweet white wine
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Grease and flour 9-inch springform pan. Sprinkle with sugar, discarding
excess. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cake: Sift flour, arrowroot and salt. Using electric mixer, beat 3 whole eggs, 2 yolks
and sugar until thick.
- Beat 2 whites until they hold soft shape. Fold into egg and sugar mixture alternately
with flour mixture and lemon rind. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until cake pulls away from pan.
- Turn out onto wire rack and cool.
- With serrated knife, cut out cone from center of cake, 5 to 6 inches wide and 2 1/2 inches deep.
Lift out cone and set aside. Pour about 2/3 of Wine Syrup gradually into cake cavity.
Fill center with 1/2 the Chantilly Cream and 1/2 the raspberries. Replace cone;
moisten with remaining Wine Syrup. Spoon remaining Chantilly Cream over top and
add remaining raspberries.
- Wine Syrup: Heat sugar with water. Boil for 2 minutes. Cool. Stir in wine and
If unable to find raspberries, blackberries may be substituted.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes