Cornbread Taco Bake
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (2.8 ounce) can Durkee French fried onions
- 1/3 cup (1 ounce) shredded Cheddar cheese
- In skillet, brown meat; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning, water, corn, pepper and tomato sauce.
- Pour into a 2-quart casserole.
- In a separate bowl, prepare corn muffin mix according to directions
except add 1/2 can of French fried onions.
- Spoon corn muffin mixture around outer edge of casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Top corn bread with cheese and remaining onions.
- Bake for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Yield: 6 servings