Rose Kennedy's Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons baking soda (add last)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 can
crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 1/2 cups crushed walnuts
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cups
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break eggs into mixer bowl. Add sugar, flour and salt; mix well. Add vanilla
extract, pineapple and walnuts; mix well.
- Grease and flour an 11 x 17-inch pan.
- Add baking soda to mixture and pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely
- Icing: Melt margarine. Put margarine, cream cheese and Cool Whip in bowl; mix
well. Add nuts. Add sugar and mix well. Pour over cake.
- Refrigerate cake for at least 1 hour