Macadamia Mini Loaves
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups plus
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large lemon
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
or margarine, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Finely chop enough macadamia nuts to measure 1/3 cup; set aside.
- Coarsely chop remaining nuts. Place in small bowl and stir in coconut and 1 tablespoon
- Grate 2 teaspoons lemon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour four 5 3/4 x 3 1/4-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat butter and remaining 1 1/2 cups
sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour, milk, vanilla extract, baking powder and
eggs, lemon peel and juice. Mix at low speed until just mixed, constantly scraping
the bowl. Stir in the finely chopped macadamia nuts. Spoon batter into prepared
- Bake loaves for 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out
clean. If topping begins to brown too quickly, loosely cover pans with foil.
- Cool cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans; cool completely
Yield: 4 loaves, 4 servings each