Festive Eggnog Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) French vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) French vanilla or vanilla instant pudding
and pie filling
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 2/3 cups (10 ounces) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE SWIRLED™
Holiday Morsels, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13 x 9-inch baking
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl for 1 minute or until frothy.
- Add cake mix, pudding
mix, water, oil, rum extract and nutmeg. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
in 1/2 cup of morsels.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup morsels over batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Spread frosting over cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining
- For Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar and nutmeg until smooth.
Yield: 15 servings
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and Meals.com.