This is a very easy and colorful Christmas cake. It can also serve as a beautiful
centerpiece dessert for a Christmas buffet.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees
F/45 degrees C)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gumdrops, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together and fold into creamed mixture
alternately with water.
- Coat raisins and gumdrops with flour. Stir flavorings, gumdrops and raisins into
creamed mixture. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Yield: 10 servings