This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Almond Raspberry Bars
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 7 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- Base: In a large bowl, mix the flour and sugar, then blend in the
melted butter, 2 tablespoons of chopped almonds, and almond extract.
- Form the base by pressing this mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the raspberry jam on top.
- Topping: In a bowl, cream together the butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Mix in the 1/2 cup of chopped almonds and the egg.
- Drop teaspoons of this mixture over the jam. Spread gently with a knife
or spatula. (If some of the jam peeks through, that's fine.)
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue to
bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the surface is firm to the touch.
- Let cool in the pan before cutting.
Yield: 16 squares