- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages chopped dates
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine filling ingredients in saucepan; simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes, or
until mixture is thick.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, butter, baking soda and salt; press about half of mixture
in a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Spread filling over the oat layer.
- Add remaining oat mixture and press down lightly with hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes