Chocolate Nut Brownies
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan or walnut pieces
- Melt chocolate over hot water; add butter.
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy;
gradually add sugar, salt and mace.
- Stir in vanilla extract; beat until light.
in chocolate mixture, then flour, beating until smooth.
- Add nuts and mix well.
into a greased and floured 15 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for
- When cool, cut into oblong pieces or squares.
Makes moist brownies.