- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sliced almonds (grind 1/2 in blender)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup candied orange peel, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 pound semisweet chocolate, melted
- Combine cream, sugar and butter in pan and cook, stirring until butter melts.
- Turn heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add all other ingredients except chocolate.
- Drop by tablespoons on greased and floured cookie sheets. Leave plenty of room between cookies, for they spread when baked.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Cool for a minute or two.
- Remove to rack or wax paper.
- When completely cool, turn upside down and coat with melted chocolate.
Makes about 24 cookies.