Ace High Barbeque Sauce
This is from a book of old cowboy recipes, collected by 'Wild Wes' Medley,
the rodeo champion, and published by him as The Original Cowboy Cookbook.
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot chile powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green chile peppers: jalapeno, serrano, habanero, etc.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Simmer for 25 minutes; puree or blend.
- Use as a marinade and a baste when barbecuing.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.