This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
I've tasted caviar, and I would take this over caviar any day! Serve Cowboy Caviar as a
side dish or with tortilla chips as an appetizer or snack.
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Tabasco to taste
- 4 cups cooked Camellia Brand Blackeye Peas
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Add
hot sauce to taste.
- Combine salsa ingredients in a large bowl and toss thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over salsa and mix gently. Cover and refrigerate for
at least 1 hour or overnight.
Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 1 hr | Yield: 8 servings
2 WW points
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):