Cowboy Sourdough Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 package yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease or vegetable oil
- Mix together flour, water, and yeast.
- Let sit overnight, covered, on counter.
- In the morning, add remaining ingredients and beat until thin.
- Cook fast on a hot, ungreased griddle.
Source: Cowboy Cook-Off, Abilene, Texas - from the "cookie" who worked for the Pitchfork Ranch in 1988
Keywords: cowboy, ranch, pancakes, sourdough, breakfast