Grilled Taco Chicken
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso taco seasoning mix (from 1.25 ounce envelope)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat closed medium-size contact grill for 5 minutes.
- In shallow bowl, mix taco seasoning mix and oregano.
- Brush chicken with oil; coat with taco seasoning mixture.
- Place chicken on grill. Close grill.
- Grill 4 to 6 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest
part is cut (170 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat barbecue sauce, chili sauce and cumin
to boiling over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve sauce with chicken.
Oven Directions: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line shallow baking pan with foil
or spray with cooking spray. Place coated chicken in pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes
or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170 degrees
F). Grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes.