Mocha Cappuccino Pudding Cake
Coffee and chocolate, pudding and cake, all in one delicious low-fat dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, or canola or soybean oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 1 1/2 cups very warm fat-free (skim) milk (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, 2 tablespoons of the cocoa, 1 tablespoon
espresso coffee, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup milk, butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Spread in ungreased square pan, 9 x 9 x 2 inches.
- Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons cocoa and 1 teaspoon
espresso coffee in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over cake batter.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups very warm milk over sugar mixture.
- Place sheet of foil or cookie sheet on lower oven rack under cake to catch
- Bake cake for 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set and firm to the touch.
- Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes.
Prep Time 10 Min | Makes 12 servings
Nutrition Information 1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 20), Total
Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 190mg; Total
Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 31g), Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Heart-Healthy Recipes