Diet - Heart-Healthy Recipes
- Beef Fajitas
- Blueberry Bannock
— A whole-wheat, baked version of a traditional Aboriginal recipe. Canola oil helps
produce a light and tender crumb.
- Broccoli-Cheese Soup
— Try this cheesy broccoli soup topped with popcorn - a delightful meal.
- Chicken & Cashew Salad in a Pita
- Chicken Mandarin Salad
— Need to use that leftover chicken? Try it on top of this easy, heart-smart salad.
The almonds in the dish add plenty of crunch, while the lime juice adds a tangy
- Couscous with Roasted Vegetables
- Creme Caramel
— Try a heart-smart sweet treat that will appeal to your taste buds.
- Energy Bars
- Gingered Fruit Salsa with Crispy Cinnamon
Chips — Dip into gingery fresh fruit with sweet and spicy tortilla chips.
- Glazed Lemon-Coconut Bars
— Coconut and freshly grated lemon peel add zing to an all-time favorite bar.
- Grilled Halibut with Tomato-Avocado Salsa
— Looking for a seafood dinner? Then check out this grilled halibut recipe that
is ready in about an hour.
- Grilled Garlic-Sage Pork Roast
— Garlic, sage and olive oil are the secrets to a delicious and tender pork roast.
- Grilled Portabello Mushroom
- Heart Healthy Alfredo Sauce
- Light-as-a-Feather Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Loaded Potatoes
— Enjoy this creamy ham, veggies and cheese topped red potatoes delicious side-dish
that’s ready in just 20 minutes.
- Mixed Bean Soup with Pasta
— Great served in warm homemade bread bowls.
- Mocha Cappuccino Pudding Cake
— Coffee and chocolate, pudding and cake, all in one delicious low-fat dessert.
- Olive Tapenade
- Pina Colada Frozen Dessert
— Pineapple juice, coconut and rum added to ice cream create a cool tropical paradise.
- Pork Chops in Country Onion
Gravy — Looking for a classic pork dinner? Then check out these browned chops served
in smooth onion flavored gravy - a delightful skillet meal!
- Primavera Pasta Salad
- Roasted Chicken Wraps
- Saskatoon Bars
— Delicious heart-healthy Saskatoon Bars. You can replace the saskatoons with raspberries or strawberries.
- Sesame Chicken and Pasta
- Southwestern Couscous
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Walnuts Tossed with Penne Pasta
- Sunflower Pumpkin Muffins
- Sweet and Spicy Brussels Sprouts
— Honey and chili add a kick of unexpected flavor to the notably earthy, bitter flavor of Brussels sprouts.
- Taos Chicken Pasta
- Tomato Basil Pasta
- Tortilla Roll-Ups
- Tuscan Vegetable Lasagna
— Enjoy an extra serving of veggies tonight with this heart-smart, meatless dish. It’s a hearty meal that’s perfect for large families.
- Vegetable Stew with Cracked Wheat in Bread
- Waldorf Salad
— Packed with heart-healthy nuts and nutrient-rich fruits and veggies, this low-fat salad is a treat!
- Wheat Berry Chili
- Whole Wheat Chapattis
- Whole Wheat Sponge Cake