- 1 cup bran flakes cereal
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- In medium bowl, combine cereal, bran, wheat germ, orange peel, orange juice,
dried fruit, egg, oil, applesauce, honey, and dry milk powder; blend well. Let
set for 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour and baking
- In the first mixture and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden.
Yield: 20 bars
Nutrition: One serving (bar) provides approximately: 117 calories; 2 g protein;
21 g carbohydrates; 3 g fat (1 g saturated); 11 mg cholesterol; 2 g fiber; 12 mcg
folate; 1 mg iron; 32 mg sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Wheat Foods Council
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.