- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 soup can water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* Instead of the sauce, you can use Tomato Gravy.
- Meatballs: Mix ground beef, rice, onion, celery, salt,
pepper and garlic powder. Shape mixture into 12 meatballs and brown on all sides
in a 10-inch skillet. Drain any fat.
- Sauce: Mix tomato soup, water and Worcestershire sauce. Pour
over browned meatballs, cover and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes. Add
additional water, if needed, during cooking.
I have made this recipe and froze in containers, then packed for camping
trips. For an easy meal, place frozen food in a slow cooker, on low temperature,
and by dinnertime, food is ready.