- 2 pounds pork, cut 2 x 1 1/2 inches
- 1 head garlic, pounded
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- Place the pork in a saucepan. Add vinegar, garlic, pepper, salt
and water. Cover the saucepan and cook slowly until the meat is
tender and most of the broth has evaporated and only 1/4 cup remains.
- Drain; separate the pieces of garlic from the pork and fry in lard
until brown. Add the pieces of pork until brown.
- Add the broth and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.