Bottom of the Box Crushed Cracker Pork
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheese crackers, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Combine egg, steak sauce and garlic powder in a shallow dish.
- Place crushed crackers in another shallow dish.
- Cut tenderloin crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Pound or flatten slices
with the heal of your hand to 1/4-inch thickness. Dip each slice first into egg
mixture, then cracker crumbs, turning to coat.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until
hot. Add half of pork slices and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Repeat with remaining oil and pork slices (or use 2 skillets at one time).
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition: Calories: 328 calories Protein: 27 grams Fat: 19 grams Sodium:
304 milligrams Cholesterol: 130 milligrams Saturated Fat: 5 grams Carbohydrates:
12 grams Fiber: 1 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com