Cranberry-Onion Pork Roast
- 1 (2 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can
whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- Season roast with salt and pepper; place over indirect heat on grill.
- Stir together cranberry sauce and onion soup mix and heat, covered, in microwave
until hot (about one minute). Baste roast with cranberry mixture every 10 minutes
until roast is done (internal temperature with a meat thermometer is 155 to 160
degrees F), about 30 to 45 minutes; let roast rest about 5 to 8 minutes before slicing
- Heat any leftover basting mixture to boiling, stir and boil for 5 minutes and
serve alongside roast.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 260 Calories; 25 g Protein; 6 g Fat;
2 g Saturated Fat; 380 mg Sodium; 65 mg Cholesterol; 24 g Carbohydrates
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board.