Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin
The glaze left in the pan goes great with blistered or roasted green beans!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) pork tenderloin
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon (recommend using regular, NOT thick sliced)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the pomegranate juice. Combine the remaining pomegranate juice and honey in a small pot. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is reduced by half, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the glaze to cool and thicken while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Generously sprinkle the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Place the pork in the skillet and brown on all sides.
- Remove to a cutting board. Use the 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice to deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom, then remove the pan from heat.
- Wrap the bacon slices around the pork, overlapping them so the ends stay secure. Place the pork tenderloin back in the skillet. Pour the glaze over the pork, using a brush to make sure it's thoroughly covered.
- Place the pork in the oven and roast uncovered, scooping up and brushing the pork with the juices from the pan every 10 minutes. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pork from the oven and glaze again. Allow to rest for 5 minutes then glaze a final time, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, and serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Honey Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.