Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin
The glaze left in the pan goes great with blistered or roasted green beans!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) pork tenderloin
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon (recommend using regular, NOT thick sliced)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the pomegranate juice. Combine the remaining
pomegranate juice and honey in a small pot. Bring the mixture to a boil over
medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium and continue to
cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is reduced by half, about
- Remove from heat and allow the glaze to cool and thicken while you
prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Generously sprinkle the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Place the
pork in the skillet and brown on all sides.
- Remove to a cutting board. Use the 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice to
deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom, then remove the
pan from heat.
- Wrap the bacon slices around the pork, overlapping them so the ends stay
secure. Place the pork tenderloin back in the skillet. Pour the glaze over
the pork, using a brush to make sure it's thoroughly covered.
- Place the pork in the oven and roast uncovered, scooping up and brushing
the pork with the juices from the pan every 10 minutes. Roast for 25-30
minutes, or until a thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pork from the oven and glaze again. Allow to rest for 5
minutes then glaze a final time, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, and serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pork Roast Recipes