New England Scones
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 pound butter
- 10 ounces raisins or currants
- 18-20 ounces (2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups) heavy cream
- Beaten egg, for glaze
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix flour with baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and salt.
- Cut butter into flour to make a coarse texture.
- Mix in raisins or currants.
- Gradually blend in heavy cream just until dough is moist to the touch.
- Drop into greased muffin tins. Brush with egg that has been beaten with a little
of the cream.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes until done.
- Serve warm with butter and strawberry preserves.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> New England Recipes