Texas BBQ Pot Roast
- 1 pot roast (about 4 pounds), such as bottom round or chuck
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bottled mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 large onion (1/2 pound), chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 12 rolls
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Brown meat well in oil in large ovenproof Dutch oven, 15 minutes.
- Add sauce, vinegar, broth, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire, chili powder, onion, garlic and thyme to pot. Bring to boiling.
- Place in oven and bake, covered, for 3 to 4 hours, turning meat every hour, until fork-tender.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes in pan.
- Remove meat from pot.
- Skim fat.
- Slice beef and serve with sauce on rolls.
Recipe courtesy Family Circle Magazine.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.