Texas Recipes, page 1
Texan cuisine is the food associated with the U.S. state of Texas. Texas is a
large state, and its cuisine has been influenced by a wide range of cultures,
including Southern, German, British, African American, Cajun/Creole, Mexican,
Native American, Asian, and to a lesser degree, Jewish and Italian.
page 1 | 2 | 3
- ABC Sandwich — This was a specialty of the now-closed Pittman House Restaurant in Dallas, Texas.
- Austin Fajitas
- Authentic Texas Border Chili
- Black Eyes of Texas Casserole
- Blond Texas Sheet Cake with Caramel-Pecan Frosting
- Canary Island Doughnuts — This is a San Antonio specialty.
- Chili Queen Chili — This is, according to the legend, one of San Antonio chili queen's original recipes.
- Classic Texas Sheet Cake
- Costillas de Tejas (Texas Ribs)
- Cowboy Smothered Steak
- Cream of Green Chile Soup — This soup was famous at the Anasazi in Midland, Texas, which has now closed.
- Deep-Fried Turkey
- Dr Pepper Texas Chocolate Cake
- East Texas Buttermilk Pie
- El Paso Border Beans
- El Paso Red Sauce
- Fancy Fajitas
- Genuine Texas Chili Bread
- Grilled Texas 1011 Meat Kabobs
- Grilled Texas Shrimp
- Hot Dr Pepper — The Dr Pepper Museum is located in Waco, Texas.
- Lone Star Bacon and Cheddar Fries
- Lone Star Rice
- Lone Star Steak Sauce
- Mariachis — These are served in the base operations snack bar at Kelly AFB in San Antonio, Texas.
- Neiman Marcus Bars (Texas Gold)
— A Texas treasure for sure!
- Original San Antonio Chili
- Pedernales River Chili — This is the chili that was always cooked at the LBJ Ranch in Texas. It was a favorite of Lyndon B. Johnson. He ate this with saltine crackers and a glass of ice cold milk.
- Real Texas Chili — This classic Texas chili (no beans, no onion, no tomatoes) was created by native Houstonian Carter Rochelle, a professional fund-raiser. Former New York Times food editor Craig Claiborne once pronounced this chili his favorite and published the recipe in two of his cookbooks.
- Red Peanut Patties — Peanuts are a very large crop in Texas. Goodart makes the original peanut patty which is sold in cafes and gas stations throughout Texas.
- Rio Grande Valley Pink Grapefruit Pie
- River Walk Strawberry Pie
- Roast Chicken with Fruited Tortilla Stuffing
- Roast Turkey
- San Antonio Stew
- Stuffed Jalapenos Texas Style
page 1 | 2 | 3