El Paso Border Beans
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons lard or vegetable oil
- 5 slices bacon, minced
- 3/4 cup chorizo
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 6 serrano chiles, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Sauté the beans and onion in lard or oil for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In another skillet, sauté the bacon and chorizo. Drain.
- Combine the beans and onion with the drained bacon and chorizo in a pot; add
remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes