Neiman Marcus Bars (Texas Gold)
A Texas treasure for sure!
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 (1 pound) box confectioners' sugar (4 cups)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 -inch baking pan.
- Blend melted butter, eggs, cake mix, coconut, pecans and chocolate chips
(if using) together by hand. Place mixture in prepared pan.
- Smooth out and pat down as best as possible.
- Beat confectioners' sugar, cream cheese and vanilla and almond extracts
with electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour over cake mixture and bake for 1 hour (check at 45-50 minutes).
- Cool and cut into squares, diamond or triangle shapes.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes