East Texas Buttermilk Pie
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, baked
- 3 rounded tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- Cinnamon, to taste (optional)
- Mix flour, sugar and salt; add to butter.
- Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Mix and pour
into pie shell; sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes. Test with knife.
It should come out clean when pie is done.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.