East Texas Buttermilk Pie
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, baked
- 3 rounded tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- Cinnamon, to taste (optional)
- Mix flour, sugar and salt; add to butter.
- Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Mix and pour into pie shell; sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes. Test with knife. It should come out clean when pie is done.
Photo credit: ralph and jenny on Visual Hunt / CC BY
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.