- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1/2 can beer
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 dried red pepper, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Make a marinade of all the ingredients and marinate the steak, covered, in the
refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, start a charcoal fire outside.
- When meat is ready to be cooked, slice it into about 6-inch pieces and grill
quickly, turning once, no more than 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Cut on the diagonal into thin strips and fold into a warm flour tortilla with sour cream, guacamole
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Braniff Destination, October 1986 - An American Gumbo cookbook
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.