Black Eyes of Texas Casserole
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can jalapeno black-eyed peas
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can hot or mild enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 3 cups grated cheese
- Brown and drain meat.
- Add onion, black-eyed peas, celery, soups, enchilada sauce
and garlic. Stir to blend.
- Grease 1 large or 2 small casserole dishes.
- Build up layers beginning with the chips, then the meat and then the cheese.
- Repeat process.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 35 minutes.
Source: The Newsreel
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes