El Paso Red Sauce
- 1 large can whole tomatoes
- 1 small can whole chile peppers
- 4 to 6 jalapeno peppers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pulse a few times in a blender or chop by hand.
- Let stand several hours at room temperature, then refrigerate in a glass jar.
This red sauce improves with age.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes