- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 2 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 12 flour tortillas
- Fresh Mexican Salsa
Fresh Mexican Salsa
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
medium white onion, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 serrano or other fresh hot green chiles, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt,
or to taste
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh tomato juice
- 2 fresh hot green chiles
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro,
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 large tomato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 ripe avocados
- Fajitas: Combine wine, oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, basil
and peppercorns in a large nonmetallic bowl.
- Add steak and toss well.
- Marinate 24
to 48 hours in the refrigerator. Toss several times during marinating.
- Grill steaks over a very hot fire, 4 to 6 inches from heat, 3 to 4 minutes per
side. Do not overcook.
- Cut steaks into thin strips across the grain.
- Warm tortillas.
- To serve, place a portion of the meat strips down the center of each tortilla.
Top with salsa, Guacamole and/or sour cream, and fold in half or overlap edges.
- Fresh Mexican Salsa: Mix all ingredients together well and serve.
- Guacamole: Crush chiles, cilantro, onion and salt to a paste.
- Add tomato and
- Peel and pit avocados, then mash. Add to tomato mixture and blend
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Source: Braniff Destination, October 1986 - Cooking Texas Style, by Candy Wagner
and Sandra Marquez
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.