Lone Star Rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a skillet sauté onion and green pepper in oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until coated with oil.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric, cumin, salt, garlic powder,
and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered about 20 minutes or until
liquid is absorbed.
- Add cilantro if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.