Stuffed Jalapenos Texas Style
- 1/2 pound shredded jack cheese
- 1/2 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound hot sausage (such as Owens or Jimmy Dean)
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package Spicy Shake N Bake
- 20 to 30 jalapeno peppers (fresh or canned)
- If using canned jalapeno peppers, drain well. Slice the peppers in half lengthwise
down one side only and scrape out the seeds.
- Mix Bisquick, sausage and Cheddar in a large bowl, using your hands.
- Put the beaten egg into a shallow bowl, the Shake N Bake into a shallow bowl, and a baking
rack on a cookie sheet, both coated with cooking spray.
- Stuff each pepper with shredded
jack, then stick the halves back together, if separated.
- Wrap a handful of the sausage
mixture around the pepper in the shape of an elongated egg.
- Dip into beaten egg and roll in Shake N Bake to coat evenly.
- Place on baking rack.
- When the peppers are all ready, bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until crisp.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.