This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Stuffed Jalapenos Texas Style
- 1/2 pound shredded jack cheese
- 1/2 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound hot sausage (such as Owens or Jimmy Dean)
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package Spicy Shake N Bake
- 20 to 30 jalapeno peppers (fresh or canned)
- If using canned jalapeno peppers, drain well. Slice the peppers in half lengthwise
down one side only and scrape out the seeds.
- Mix Bisquick, sausage and Cheddar in a large bowl, using your hands.
- Put the beaten egg into a shallow bowl, the Shake N Bake into a shallow bowl, and a baking
rack on a cookie sheet, both coated with cooking spray.
- Stuff each pepper with shredded
jack, then stick the halves back together, if separated.
- Wrap a handful of the sausage
mixture around the pepper in the shape of an elongated egg.
- Dip into beaten egg and roll in Shake N Bake to coat evenly.
- Place on baking rack.
- When the peppers are all ready, bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until crisp.