This was a specialty of the now-closed Pittman House Restaurant in Dallas, Texas.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 18 slices toasted whole-wheat bread
- Leaf lettuce
- 12 ounces crabmeat, picked over well to remove any shells
- Tomato slices
- 12 slices slab bacon, cut in half, cooked crisp and drained
- 2 avocados, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, scallion and brandy, mixing well.
- For each sandwich, spread three pieces of bread with a portion of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Cover the first slice of bread with lettuce leaves, 2 ounces of crabmeat, and one or two tomato slices.
- Add the second slice of bread, and top t with the four half-slices of bacon, a layer of avocado slices, another tomato slice or two, and more lettuce.
- Cover with the third slice of bread, secure the sandwich with wooden picks, if you like, and slice it in half.
- Serve the sandwiches immediately.