These are served in the base operations snack bar at Kelly AFB in San Antonio,
- 10 flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1 link Mexican chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Skin the chorizo, crumble in a skillet, and brown slightly.
- Remove the cooked chorizo and drain the fat.
- Whisk the eggs with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Return chorizo to skillet, add whisked eggs and scramble.
- When the eggs are done, place about 3 tablespoons on each warmed flour tortilla.
- Add chopped green onion and grated cheese to your heart's content.
- Fold like a taco or even roll like a burrito, then chomp on it!
Fresh salsa goes well with this.