Cowboy Smothered Steak
A young and old cowboy's favorite.
- 1 (2 pound) round, chuck or rump roast
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Beat onto both sides of meat.
- In large skillet or Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat; brown meat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until meat is
Recipe and photo credit: Texas Beef Council.