Grilled Texas 1011 Meat Kabobs
- 1/4 cup diced Texas 1011 onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef, chicken or shrimp
- 3 medium Texas 1011 onions, quartered
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers, cut into pieces
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Make marinade: Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl, reserve some for basting
in a smaller bowl.
- Prepare kabobs: Slice beef or chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Place beef, chicken or shrimp in large bowl of marinade
and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove beef, chicken or shrimp from marinade.
- Place all vegetables and meat on skewers, alternating colors.
- Grill beef for 12 to 15 minutes, chicken for 15 to
20 minutes and shrimp for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn and baste kabobs frequently with reserve marinade.
- Serve on a bed of rice.