As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (10 to 12 pound) turkey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 to 5 gallons peanut oil
- Rinse and dry turkey.
- Remove neck and giblet bag from small cavity in front and
the large body cavity.
- Generously season inside cavity with salt and pepper. Use
as much cayenne pepper as taste buds will allow.
- Heat oil in cooking pot large enough to submerse turkey in hot oil.
- Heat oil
to 350 degrees F to 375 degrees F.
- When oil is hot, using a sling of strong twine
or a lifter, lower turkey into hot oil.
- Cook about 5 minutes per pound or until
meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reaches 180 degrees F.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes