- 1 (5 pound) Boston pork butt
- 5 pounds wet masa
- 1 ounce paprika
- 1 pound lard
- Garlic cloves
- Dried red chiles, as desired
- Corn husks
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook meat with desired garlic and salt until done. Shred meat and fat
- Clean chiles, then boil until soft. Put chiles in blender or food
processor and liquefy as much as possible. Mix chile into meat.
- Mix masa, lard and paprika and refrigerate until firm.
- Clean and soak corn husks until soft.
- Take a small ball of dough and spread on corn husk. Spread meat down
center of husk. Fold one side over then roll the rest of the way. Fold
bottom up and set aside.
- Continue until masa or meat has been used.
- Put tamales in steamer and cook for about 1 hour.
Prep time: 1 hr | Cook time: 1 hr | Yield: 5 to 6 dozen
(c) Can Stock Photo / bhofack2
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Texas Recipes