Tex-Mex Deviled Eggs
- 6 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chili powder
- Cut a small slice from the tips at both ends of the eggs to create a flat surface
for them to stand upon. Slice each egg in half crosswise. Remove yolks; place in
a small bowl and mash.
- Add scallion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, mayonnaise, and mustard; blend well.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the yolk mixture into each egg half. Top each with
cheese; sprinkle with chili powder.
- Cover; store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 12 appetizers