Bananas Foster Rice Pudding
Turn ordinary rice pudding into a classic New Orleans favorite dessert, Bananas
Foster Rice Pudding.
- 3 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Rice Pudding Mix
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon rum
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- Mix milk, 2 tablespoons of the butter and Rice Pudding Mix in medium saucepan.
Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 45
minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spoon rice pudding into dessert dishes. Rice pudding will thicken as it
- Meanwhile, bring brown sugar, remaining 4 tablespoons butter and cream to
boil in small saucepan on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes
or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in extract.
- Top rice pudding with sliced bananas.
- Drizzle with sauce.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 50 min
Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional information (amount per serving) Calories: 439 Sodium: 264mg
Fat: 19g Carbohydrates: 61g Cholesterol: 68mg Protein: 6g Fiber: 1g
Recipe and photo credit: Zatarain's